In 2022 Mansfield State High School will be using online permission forms for all curriculum and extra-curriculum activities where parental consent is required. This will mean that no paper permission forms will be sent home with students. All requests for permission will be completed online via an individual link sent by email to the parent/guardians of the student.
Schools are required to seek permission for activities with an increased risk. This can include activities that are held offsite or that incur an additional cost payable by the parent. Online permission will be sought for the following school activities;
- Online services (permission to utilise software and learning applications at school as well as permission for student images and work)
- Mansfield Activity Program (MAP)
- Curriculum excursions and field trips that leave the school grounds and/or incur an additional fee
- Whole school events such as the swimming and athletics carnival
- Extra-curriculum excursions and activities (eg; representative sport) that leave the school grounds and/or incur an additional fee
- School camps and overnight trips
- Study leave
All information collected in the online permission form is stored in a secure manner to meet the requirements of the Department of Education. When giving online consent you will be told why the information is being collected and how it will be used. The online permission form is sent directly to the parents/guardians of the child as consent cannot be given by a minor. Sensitive information including identification details (date of birth, addresses and contact numbers) are not collected in online permission forms.
Medical details cannot be collected online. School staff will access medical details if required directly from the OneSchool database. It is important that all student details are up to date in OneSchool and parents will be prompted during the online consent process to download and complete an update to medical details form if they need to provide details about their student. The medical details form must be completed and returned to Student Services to be entered in OneSchool.