Student leadership revolves around the "three R's":
- being a role model,
- taking responsibility and
- building relationships.
Student leadership positions include:
- Senior (all Year 12 students take on the responsibility of leadership)
- Student Councillor (every SDP class in the school has two representatives)
- TIP leaders (the inter-year program partners Year 12 students with every Year 7 and 8 SDP class for activities and support)
- Prefects (House leaders, Service leaders, Cultural leaders, Academic leaders, Environmental leaders & Welfare leaders)
- Captains and Vice Captains
Every year two School Captains, two Vice Captains and a group of Prefects are nominated by students in their year level and teachers. This is followed by an interview process. The Prefects under the leadership of the Captains and Vice Captains lead the student body.
2022 School Captains and Vice Captains
Jaxon Norman (Vice Captain), Daniel Foo (Captain), Charlie
Bethke (Captain) and Khaifer
Milan (Vice Captain)
2022 Senior Leaders
Chloe Ahearn, Dhruv Alwadhi, Haran Ananda Kumar, Tara Arunagiri (Student Council President), Charlie Bethke (School Captain), Ching Chi Chan, Harvey Cramb, Ronan Dutt, Finlay Eckermann, Fion Fiju, Daniel Foo (School Captain), Habiba Habiba, Cedric Marfill, Priscilla Hii, Hannah Kuilamu, Robyn Medley, Khaifer Milan (Vice Captain), Daniel Lee, Sophie Marr, Danya Mody, Jaxon Norman (Vice Captain), Liza Popal, Ashleigh Reeves, Jayden Robinson, Chris Sayer, Erika Shimada, Will Smibert, Pavi Sridhar, Marcus Thwaite, Jessica Tungadi, Pragati Vijayakumar (Student Council Vice President), Olivia Walsh, Kelin Wang, Ayumi Wijesooriya, Sophie Wood.
The Student Council is chaired by the Student Council President with the support of the Student Council Vice-President. These students are nominated by students in their year level and teachers and undergo an interview process before being appointed to their positions.
2022 Student Council President and Vice President
Tara Arunagiri (President) and Pragati Vijayakumar (Vice President)
The Student Council President and Vice-President work with a team of prefects to lead the Student Council and report back to the school Administration team, including the Executive Principal, on various matters and initiatives that represent the student body.
Each year one student councillor per Student Development Program (SDP) class is elected to form the student council. For their nomination to be accepted, nominees must demonstrate that they:
- support school policies
- co-operate with teachers
- would like to represent their SDP class
- have been involved and have shown an interest in school activities
- participate in a productive and mature way in meetings
- have good communication skills to seek ideas, speak up at meetings and report back to their SDP class
- will attend all student council meetings.