Our Junior school consists of a core program for Year 7, 8 and 9 students. By the end of year 9 students have studied a balanced program covering all of the key areas of the curriculum and they have had the opportunity to specialise in other areas of interest.
The Junior school curriculum is characterised by a rigorous and well-linked program that ensures students study the basics, apply this knowledge to real situations and are challenged to integrate their learnings across disciplines in complex activities.
Our curriculum incorporates:
- access for all students to state-of-the-art technology embedded across the curriculum
- access to Japanese, French and a French Immersion Program as part of a strong focus on languages and cultures
- unique experiences for students in the Arts (Music, Dance, Drama, and Art)
- physical Education and Interschool sport
- learning support and articulated programs for students with special needs
- access to a well-resourced library with internet facilities
- career guidance and counselling support
- a disciplined learning environment.
All students participate in our Mansfield Activity Program (MAP).