Mansfield State High School offers two options for laptops. Students can Choose Your Own Device (CYOD) or Bring Your Own Device (BYOD). Information on these program options can be view in the computer and internet section of this website.
If you are experiencing problems with a CYOD device:
- Restart the laptop on school grounds as this can re-set connections to the school network and printers
- Check your Wi-Fi, for best performance you should be connected to iDET
- Report all issues to the IT support desk. CYOD laptops are fully supported and staff can organise repairs and warranty claims if needed
If you have a BYOD laptop:
- Restart the laptop on school grounds as this can re-set connection to the school network and printers
- Check your Wi-Fi, for best performance you should connect to EQNET
- Run the BYOx App which should be saved on your desktop. BYOD laptops do not automatically connect to school printers and G drive
- Run the PaperCut client when you need to print. This should be run after BYOx App.
All students should back up their work files. Students have space on OneDrive and can set this up to automatically save files. Laptops can be damaged and files lost, so having a backup of all work is important.