A better alternative to private education
The school has a proven record of academic, cultural, service and sporting achievements and a high level of interaction with its community. Students are well motivated with a positive attitude towards education. Outstanding academic performance is encouraged. The school is regarded as a traditional school with very high standards of personal presentation and behaviour. These standards are strongly endorsed by the Parents & Citizens' Association.
The school provides a wide range of Authority and Authority-Registered subjects in Years 11 and 12. Whilst the school has an academic focus, some students undertake school-based traineeships and apprenticeships. The French Immersion Program, the Technologically Integrated Curriculum Classes and the Music Program are well established.
Two full-time guidance officers for advice on courses, careers and personal matters are on staff.
Some special features of our school:
- A school of academic excellence
- Programs of Excellence by selection from Year 7: French Immersion, Technologically Integrated Curriculum, Classroom Music, Instrumental Music
- Full school Student Development Program to develop the whole student into a confident, informed and well-balanced Mansfield High School graduate
- State Award for Excellence for Classroom, Choral and Instrumental Music program
- First class computer instruction and facilities
- Extensive range of cultural, service, sporting, leadership and co-curricular opportunities.