The Technology Integrated Curriculum excellence program (TIC) is a three-year program and is designed for students who are passionate about using technology to enable their learning. It provides an innovative learning environment that allows students to complete Australian Curriculum courses (e.g. Science) through teaching and learning experiences that are especially designed to embed and draw upon the power of technology.
TIC courses are delivered through an exclusive one-to-one program that utilises the power of
Apple’s iPad Pros and Apple’s educational systems to enrich and extend students' learning both inside and outside the classroom.
These TIC courses also provide students with exclusive and carefully designed technology tasks (Formalised Technology Tasks) that enable and extend learning through technologies that are purposefully selected, integrated and deployed.
Entry into this program is by selection and placements are limited.
- Provide an innovative learning environment that allows students to complete Australian Curriculum courses through teaching and learning experiences that are especially designed to embed and draw upon the power of technology.
- Provide students with carefully designed technology tasks (Formalised Technology Tasks) that enable and extend learning through technologies that are purposefully selected, integrated and deployed.
- A final key goal of this excellence program is to develop students' proficiency in a range of real-world technologies, enabling them to become more effective learners as they progress into their senior and tertiary studies.
The intake for this excellence program occurs each school year during the school's standard enrolment process. Placements within the program are limited to successful Year 6 applicants who then begin the program the following year as Year 7 TIC students.
What is required for the application?
Students interested in applying for entry into this excellence program are asked to provide the following information in an online application:
- School-reported academic, behaviour and effort data from the student's Year 5 Semester 2 Report Card.
- A personal suitability statement of up to 100 words explaining why he/she should be selected for the program (further information is provided to students during the online application process)
- Student NAPLAN data
- Copies of documents that support the student's suitability statement. For example, relevant certificates that relate to the student's statement (e.g. from competitions)
- An official school email address of the student's current Year 6 teacher whom we may contact (if necessary) for his or her endorsement (initiated by our school)
How are students selected?
Students are selected on the merits and strength of their application data as outlined above. Our school then makes decisions based on our interpretations of the submitted data to select the students who present as being the most suitable for this program.
One-to-one iPad Pro program
From 2019, all students entering our school’s technology excellence program (Technology Integrated Curriculum (TIC)) will be included in an exclusive one-to-one iPad Pro program. This program provides students with a device through a Corporate-Owned, Personally Enabled (COPE) scheme that is specifically designed for the purpose and needs of the students’ TIC classes.
With this in mind, TIC students are
NOT included in the mainstream BYOD and CYOD programs. They will not require a laptop.
Like the school's CYOD program, each student's iPad Pro package is purchased through the school (please see the iPad Pro program guide for more information).
On this page you will find a number of important documents that have been developed for parents and students of Mansfield State High School’s technology excellence program. These forms include the:
- One-to-One iPad Pro Program Guide
- COPE Participation Agreement
- COPE Participation Form (to be signed and returned to the school)
You can access these forms by clicking on the links to the right.
If we can help further, please email your inquiry to: